Why should 5GHz & 60GHz team up? It’s all about the customer experience.
Growing capacity demands? Always on access? That’s what consumers expect to get, and 5GHz Wi-Fi is gearing up to provide. More Wi-Fi hot spots, over wider channels, even as wide as 160MHz in some cases.
Factor in IoT, LTE-U or LAA and safe city sensors and cameras and there is a whole lot of demand for the unlicensed 5GHz band access.
While most of the time a division of the Wi-Fi spectrum between access and backhaul works perfectly, there are locations, particularly in dense urban areas, where it makes sense to reserve all of the Wi-Fi for access and shift the backhaul to another band.
The 60GHz band, also unlicensed, is wide and uncongested, perfect for providing high-capacity backhaul with no interference.
A joint 5GHz-60GHz solution will optimize the use of spectrum and improve the customer experience, while keeping deployment and operation costs reasonable.
A robust Wi-Fi network can include:
- Siklu’s EH-600TX deployed for cascading, meshing and rings utilizing its 1 Gigabit capacity
- Siklu’s EH-500TX deployed at network’s edges, where its 100-200Mbps capacity perfectly matches max capacity of common advanced Wi-Fi access points such as the Ruckus Wireless T301 or T300, both supporting peak data rates of 120Mbps
- Both EH-600TX and EH-500TX support dual PoE-Out for simple deployment and can power the Ruckus APs. The Ruckus T300/T301 max power consumption is 11 Watts, while the EH-500/600TX PoE-Out delivers 26 Watts. On top of that, network engineers can remotely switch on and off the PoE-Out feature, to simplify troubleshooting procedures
Some of the benefits of using Siklu’s 60GHz V-band radios for backhaul:
- Gigabit capacity that guarantees high-performance backhaul for Wi-Fi networks.
- The 60GHz spectrum is 9GHz wide and abundant, and the antenna beams are narrow. On top of that, the band is subject to significant oxygen absorption, which makes it interference free, no matter how densely you deploy links. . Siklu supports 11 non-overlapping channels. Sounds scalable? It is.
- Get predictable performance and guarantee SLAs thanks to Siklu’s easy-to-use online link budget calculator tool. Combining global rain-zones data with the your radio’s specs, the tool allows you to easily perform highly accurate frequency planning. The tool also optimizes channel selection for planned link length, as channel attenuation varies in the 60GHz band.
- < 2 litter all-outdoor solution with integrated antenna, makes it easy-to-deploy on existing street furniture and facades, and includes Gigabit switch with PoE-Out to simplify cascading and serving your Wi-Fi gear with both capacity and power on a single cable.
- Install and forget it with an all-weather IP67 seal and a proven MTBF of 90+ years.
Siklu’s palm-sized radios provide your network uncongested,
interference-free, point-to-point wireless connectivity throughout.
Multigigabit capacity futureproofs networks to boost performance of myriad Wi-Fi networks and enables support of the latest in advanced wide band technologies.
The street-level/rooftop wireless radios are easy to install and do not need spectral analysis prior to deployment.
This simplifies network design, and expedites installation. Selectable network topologies include mesh, daisy-chain and ring.